What is Sport Premium?
The PE and Sport Premium is provided by the government and must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils. Further, it should promote the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
In Castle School, this means;
- Developing the physical ability of all pupils to engage with movement and physical activity in order to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which will also support their access to education as a result of improved physical condition.
- Ensuring that the staff working with our children are highly skilled in teaching sports and physical development as possible, supported by external expertise.
- Providing good PE equipment which provides variety and different ways of experiencing PE.
Sport Premium Allocation for 2019-20
The allocation for 2019-20 was £16,420.
The allocation was used to support additional physical activities, including a contribution towards additional staffing needs, CPD needs, PE equipment and outdoor equipment.
Planned Expenditure for 2020–21
The allocation for 2020 – 21 is £16,350. This will be used to support:
- Horse riding (2 sessions per week with Morpeth RDA)
- CPD Opportunities for staff – Rebound Therapy training, Hydrotherapy training
- Contribution towards additional staff costs for 2 rebound sessions
- External PE coaches
- Indoor PE equipment
- Outdoor PE equipment
- Additional resources for the teaching of PE as required